Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Good Type, Bad Type on Tumblr












While walking through the Clark/Lake Chicago "L" stop yesterday, I encountered a typographical catastrophe. While my eyes shriveled up just by looking at the poor, misshaped letter, I came up with a fun idea.

I've been interested in the Tumblr phenomenon and haven't really understood how it worked. So I've been trying to think of a subject matter to make a Tumblr so I can try riding this Tumblr wave. When I saw this typographical mishap, I felt like I was struck by a inspirational lightening bolt. A tumblr about my serendipitous encounters with type. So today for my Artistic Fling I made a Tumblr.

Go check it out! goodtype-badtype.tumblr.com

If you want to see that terrible mishap at the train station you can see it on my Tumblr!!!

1 comment:

  1. That's so weird- I've been thinking of doing something very similar to this for the past year or so... I'm interested to see what type you come across...

    ReplyDelete